I found this in Reader’s Digest and thought I should share! Some Thanksgiving foods are toxic to your furry friends, so be weary and follow these tips:
- Turkey. (or any meat) All meat should be well cooked and always boneless.
Sage Cats are especially sensitive to this herb, it can cause stomach upset and central nervous system depression.
- Bread dough. Raw dough could actually rise in your pets sensitive tummy causing discomfort or an even more serious emergency.
Cake batter Raw eggs can cause salmonella infection in your pet, just as it can for anyone in your family. Stick to dog biscuits and kitty treats instead of this sugary concoction.
- Too much of anything. Little tastes of human food could cause stomach pains, diarrhea and even pancreatitis in your pet. The same goes for you, you should both practice moderation!
- Wrappings. Dispose of aluminum foil, plastic wrap and wax paper. While licking up food left on these wrappings pets can ingest some of the wrapper, leading to intestinal obstructions. Also, look out for tooth picks, skewers and used silverware.
- Hot food.When carrying hot food from the stove or to the table, be sure little Fluffy isn’t taking that moment to weave through your legs.
Happy Thanksgiving to your whole family!