Here are a couple ideas:
1) The Golden Palace Eggroll.
2) Rogue Senate Page. All you need for this one is a black suit, white gloves, and a “Stop Harper” sign.
3) Green Bin. They’re only $30 or so at Canadian Tire. Buy one, cut out holes for arms and legs, glue on a few pieces of rice as the maggots. (Suggestion: Get your spouse to dress up as a Rain Barrel.)
4) Sexy OC Transpo Cop. Take one of those sexy cop costumes and tape on an OC Transpo logo. Then ask everybody, “Can I see your transfer, baby?”
5) Black Bear. (For Bells Corners residents only.)
6) Ottawa Convention Centre. I have no idea how to pull this off but if you can find a shiny futuristic helmet somewhere you’d have the best costume in Ottawa.
Thanks to Ottawa Start for these great ideas!