Don’t light that scented candle!!!!!

It might kill you! I’m not kidding!
Research has shown some scented candles produce smoke laced with almost as many toxins as those produced by cigarettes!!Since they are often lit in poorly ventilated rooms, such as bathrooms, or during the evening when windows are likely to be closed, the release of chemicals can cause indoor pollution that is potent enough to raise the risk of asthma, eczema and skin complaints.

The majority of scented candles sold are cheap imports made from paraffin wax, a by-product of the petroleum industry. These have been shown to release an alarming range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), substances that can be problematic to health.

Good news: more expensive varieties made from beeswax and soy rarely cause problems. So look for those!

Just thought I’d let you know!

Kim 😉

One thought on “Don’t light that scented candle!!!!!

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: